East End Historic District home built in 1878 by Susan W. Ashoff, widow of druggist H.C. L. Ashoff. The other two houses are 1122 and 1118 Postoffice were built 1882-1885. The three houses are similar two story three-bay houses with side hall plans. She built them for her three daughters to each use as a residence. The back of the home is a recent addition which made a huge kitchen and dining area, extra guest suite with full bathroom downstairs, and a huge master suite upstairs with its own private balcony. All electrical and plumbing have been updated throughout. There are two updated HVAC systems one for upstairs and one for downstairs. This home offers tons of space for entertaining and is an easy walk to the UTMB campus.